4. During the test run, check and document the following:
5. In case of uneven running or abnormal noise, switch off the machine. As the machine runs
Serious damage to the machine
If the vibration values in operation are not maintained in accordance with DIN ISO 10816-3,
then the machine can be mechanically destroyed.
● During operation, observe the vibration values in accordance with DIN ISO 10816‑3.
● If the controller does not do this automatically, switch on any anti-condensation heating
● Do not switch on the anti-condensation heating for at least two hours after the motor has
– Check whether it is running smoothly.
– Document the voltage, current and power values. As far as possible, document the
corresponding values of the driven machine.
– If this is possible using the available measuring equipment, check the bearing and stator
winding temperatures until they have reached steady-state values.
– Check the machine for noise or vibrations on the bearings or bearing shields as it runs.
down, identify the cause.
– If the mechanical operation improves immediately after the machine is switched off, then
the cause is magnetic or electrical.
– If the mechanical running does not improve immediately after switching the machine off,
then the cause is mechanical.
- Imbalance of the electrical machine or the driven machine
- The machine set has not been adequately aligned
- The machine is being operated at the system resonance point. System = motor, base
frame, foundation, ...
during stoppages. This will avoid the formation of condensation.
been switched off. This prevents damage to the winding insulation.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016