Preparations for use
4.12 Transport and storage
If the machine is not going to be commissioned soon after delivery, ensure that it is stored
Seizure damage to bearings
If the machine is stored incorrectly there is a risk that the bearings will suffer damage while
out of use. Examples of resulting damage can include scoring and corrosion.
Read the following storage instructions.
Preconditions and preparations
● Only store goods in undamaged packaging. If goods are delivered in damaged packaging,
● Repair any damage to the packaging before putting the equipment into storage insofar as
General instructions for storage
Wherever possible, store the machine in a storage room. The place of storage must satisfy
the following general conditions:
● Select a sufficiently sized dry and horizontal place of storage that is above flood level and
● Protect the motor from shocks and humidity.
● Position machines, devices and crates on pallets, wooden beams or foundations that
● Ensure that the air circulation under the equipment is not impeded.
unpack them and store appropriately according to the nature of the goods.
this is necessary to ensure proper storage conditions.
free of vibration (v
≤ 0.2 mm/s).
– The place of storage must be well ventilated as well as free of dust and frost. Provide
protection against extreme weather conditions. Ensure that the temperature remains
stable in the range from 10° C (50° F) to 50° C (120° F). The room temperature should
be approx. 10 K above the outside temperature. The temperature should not fall below
– The relative humidity of the air should be less than 60%.
– The floor of the place of storage must be sufficiently strong. The maximum permissible
floor loading or storage compartment loading may not be exceeded.
– The ambient air must not contain any harmful gases.
protect them against rising damp and water.
– Place wooden spacer blocks between the covers and the motor.
– Covers or tarpaulins must not trail on the floor around the machine.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016