Machine damage caused by improper repair work
Improper servicing work can damage the machine. This can cause damages and/or faults
which can result in eventual or immediate death, serious injury, or property damage.
● Properly assemble or disassemble the machine.
● Use only suitable tools and equipment.
● Immediately replace damaged components.
● Contact the Service Center (Page 137), if necessary.
Rotor can fall out
If the motor is in a vertical position, the rotor can fall out while work is being performed on the
locating bearing. This can result in death, serious injury or damage.
● Support or unload the rotor when carrying out work with the machine in a vertical position.
Seal the motor
Extreme caution and attention to cleanliness are vital to installation.
● Clean all bare joints between parts such as housings, bearing shields and bearing bushes
● Smear bare joints between parts with non-hardening, permanently flexible sealant, such
● Check all sealing elements, such as those on the terminal boxes, for elasticity, aging or
To remove or replace the external fan, the fan cowl must be disassembled. The fan cowl is
fixed on the machine enclosure with screws.
1. Secure the fan cowl against falling before you start working.
2. Loosen the fixing screws that secure the fan cowl on the enclosure.
3. Observe existing retaining components and retain them for the reassembly.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2016
etc., and remove old sealant material.
as "Hylomar M". Follow the manufacturer's application and safety instructions when doing
damage, and renew them if they are no longer effective.
9.2 Corrective Maintenance