ELECTRIC DRYER ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS
Ground and Neutral Wires (cont.)
2. Connect ground and neutral wire to center terminal
4. Connect remaining wires to outer terminal
Direct Wire Ground
3. Connect ground wire (green or bare) with external ground
Use where local codes permit connecting
cabinet-ground conductor to neutral wire.
Direct wire cable must have 5 ft. (1.52 m) of extra length so
dryer can be moved if needed.
Strip 3t/2 '' (89 ram) of outer covering from end of cable. Strip
insulation back 1" (25 ram). If using 3-wire cable with ground
wire, cut bare wire even with outer covering. Shape ends of
wires into a hook shape.
2. Connect neutral wire to center terminal
3. Connect remaining wires to outer terminal