1. Determine the installation position.
1) Make sure to allow the required clearances (at
least 64 mm on top, 83 mm to left and right,
and 113 mm on bottom) around the mounting
plate, as shown in the drawing below.
* Nothing should obstruct the
2) Check that the reinforcement (inside wall) is
positioned properly to secure the mounting
plate.(If there is no reinforcement, build in a
3) Place the mounting plate on the wall.
4) Attach the mounting plate loosely (with single
- Make sure that the mounting surface of the
mounting plate is flat.
- If it is not, Lossnay operation could generate
noise or the shutter could not operate
2. Determine the position of the wall holes.
Position the wall holes away from obstructions
in the wall, within the ranges shown in the
mounting position diagram on page 3.
Wood screw (fasten loosely)
front of the unit. (Do not place
anything blocking air flow in front
of the Lossnay.)
3. Drill the wall holes.
1) Remove the loosely fastened mounting plate.
(Leave the wood screw loosely fastened in
procedure 1 in place.)
2) Drill the wall holes of ø85 to ø90 mm.
Diameter of wall
ø85 to ø90 mm
- Make the holes so they slope down as they
exit the outside wall.
- This is necessary to prevent the infiltration of
4. Pull out the power and connection
1) Determine the power and connection cable
pull-out location and make a hole. (See the
mounting position diagram on page 3.)
2) Pull out the power and connection cables on
the indoor side.
- For VL-100U
-E, install an electrical outlet
somewhere that the power cord plug can
reach. (The cord has an effective length of 3
Power and connection