1. Axle nut
2. Drive chain slack adjusting bolt
4. Brake caliper
2. Lift the rear wheel off the ground
according to the procedure on
3. Remove the axle nut.
4. Fully loosen the locknut on each
side of the swingarm.
5. Turn the drive chain slack adjust-
ing bolts fully in direction (a) and
push the wheel forward.
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
1. Drive chain slack adjusting bolt
6. Remove the drive chain from the
If the drive chain is difficult to re-
move, remove the wheel axle first,
and then lift the wheel upward
enough to remove the drive chain
from the rear sprocket.
The drive chain cannot be disas-
7. While supporting the brake caliper
bracket, pull the wheel axle out,
and then remove the wheel.
NOTICE: Do not apply the brake
after the wheel and brake disc
have been removed, otherwise
the brake pads will be forced
To install the rear wheel
1. Install the wheel and the brake cal-
iper bracket by inserting the wheel
axle from the left-hand side.
Make sure that the slot in the
brake caliper bracket is fit over the
retainer on the swingarm.