PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
3. Remove the brake caliper by re-
moving the bolts. NOTICE: Do
not apply the brake after the
wheel and brake disc have been
removed, otherwise the brake
pads will be forced shut.
4. Pull the wheel axle out, and then
remove the wheel.
To install the front wheel
1. Lift the wheel up between the fork
2. Insert the wheel axle.
3. Lower the front wheel so that it is
on the ground.
4. Install the brake caliper by install-
ing the bolts.
Make sure that there is enough space
between the brake pads before install-
ing the brake caliper onto the brake
5. Tighten the wheel axle to the
6. Tighten the wheel axle pinch bolt
A and pinch bolt B to the specified
7. Retighten the wheel axle pinch
bolt A to the specified torque.
8. Tighten the brake caliper bolts to
the specified torques.
59 Nm (5.9 m·kgf, 43 ft·lbf)
Front wheel axle pinch bolt:
23 Nm (2.3 m·kgf, 17 ft·lbf)
Brake caliper bolt:
38 Nm (3.8 m·kgf, 27 ft·lbf)
9. Push down hard on the handlebar
several times to check for proper
Rear wheel (for non-ABS
For the ABS model, have a Yamaha
dealer remove and install the wheel.
To remove the rear wheel
To avoid injury, securely support the
vehicle so there is no danger of it
1. Loosen the axle nut.