1. Engine oil drain bolt
3. Compression spring
5. Oil pan
6. Clean the engine oil strainer with
Skip steps 7–9 if the oil filter element is
not being replaced.
7. Remove the oil filter element cover
by removing the bolts.
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
2. Oil filter element cover
8. Remove and replace the oil filter
element and O-ring.
1. Oil filter element
9. Install the oil filter element cover
by installing the bolts, then tight-
ening them to the specified
Oil filter element cover bolt:
10 Nm (1.0 m·kgf, 7.2 ft·lbf)
Make sure that the O-ring is properly
10. Install the engine oil strainer, com-
pression spring, O-ring and the
engine oil drain bolt, and then
tighten it to the specified torque.
NOTICE: Before installing the
engine oil drain bolt, do not for-
get to install the O-ring, com-
pression spring, and oil strainer
Engine oil drain bolt:
32 Nm (3.2 m·kgf, 23 ft·lbf)