Your washing machine is equipped with various automatic safety functions. These enable faults to be
detected in good time and the safety system can react appropriately. These faults are frequently so minor
that they can be removed within a few minutes.
Appliance does not start,
no indicators are on
Appliance does not start
has been pressed
Appliance stops during
the programme, and the
contains residues from
Appliance vibrates during
indicator in the
programme flow bar
blinks, or the spin speed
on the display blinks, or
the spin speed indicator
blinks after the end of the
on the model).
The laundry is still very
Final spin results are poor • Unbalance during spinning prevented spin phase to protect the
• Plug is not properly inserted in socket.
• Socket or fuse does not function correctly (use a table lamp or similar
appliance to test it).
• Door is not properly closed.
• The "Child lock/Lock buttons" feature has been activated
available on your model). To unlock the buttons, push the two buttons
marked with the key symbol simultaneously and hold them at least for
3 seconds. The key symbol on the display disappears and the
programme can be started.
• "Rinse hold" is activated. Press "Start/Pause" to spin the laundry. For
draining the water without spinning, select "Drain" Programme (if
available) or press the "Reset/Drain" button for at least 3 seconds.
• Programme has been changed - reselect desired programme and press
• Programme has been interrupted and eventually door has been
opened - close door and restart programme by pressing "Start/Pause".
• The appliance's safety system has been activated (see "Failure
indicators" in your programme chart).
• Water tap is not opened or water inlet hose is kinked or blocked ("Water
tap closed" indicator blinks).
• Water entering is not enough; the mesh filters of the water supply could
be blocked (see "Care And Maintenance").
• Transport bolts have not been removed; before using the washing
machine, it is imperative that the transport bolts are removed.
• Appliance is not level / not standing firmly on all four feet (see separate
Unbalance of the laundry load during spinning prevented the spin phase
to avoid damages on the washing machine. This is why the laundry is still
Reason for unbalance can be: small laundry loads (consisting of only few
quite big or absorbent items, e.g. towels), or big/heavy laundry items.
• If possible avoid small laundry loads.
• It is highly recommended that you add other laundry items of different
sizes when washing a big or heavy piece of laundry.
If you want to spin the wet laundry, add more laundry items of different
sizes, and subsequently select and start the "Rinse & Spin" programme.
washing machine (see "Unbalance during spinning").
• Excessive foam formation prevented spinning; select and start "Rinse &
Spin" programme. Avoid excessive detergent dosing (see "Detergents
• "Spin" button has been set to a low spin speed.
Causes, Solutions, Tips