PREPARATION OF THE WASHING
1. Sort the laundry according to...
• Type of fabric / care label symbol
Cottons, mixed fibres, easy care/synthetics,
wool, handwash items.
Separate coloured and white items. Wash new
coloured articles separately.
Wash items of different sizes in the same load
to improve washing efficiency and distribution
in the drum.
Wash small items (e.g. nylon stockings, belts
etc.) and items with hooks (e.g. bras) in a cloth
bag or pillow case with zip. Always remove
curtain rings or wash curtains with the rings
inside a cotton bag.
2. Empty all pockets
Coins, safety pins etc. can damage your
laundry as well as the appliance drum and tub.
Close zips and fasten buttons or hooks; loose
belts or ribbons should be tied together.
DETERGENTS AND ADDITIVES
Keep detergents and additives in a safe,
dry place out of the reach of children.
Do not use any solvents (e.g. turpentine,
benzene); do not machine wash fabrics
that have been treated with solvents or
Only use detergents and/or additives that are
specifically produced for domestic washing
Observe the recommendations on the care
labels of your laundry.
The choice of detergent depends on:
• Type of fabric
• Recommended wash temperature
• Degree and type of soiling
White robust laundry
White delicate laundry
Light /pastel- shaded
Intensive colours (cold-
Kind of detergent
heavy duty detergents
mild detergents with
bleach and/or optical
detergents with bleach
special detergents for
• Blood, milk, eggs etc. are generally removed by
the automatic enzyme phase of the programme.
• To remove red wine, coffee, tea, grass and fruit
stains etc. add a stain remover to the main
• Pre-treat heavily-soiled areas with stain
remover if necessary.
Dyeing and bleaching
• Only use dyes and bleaches that are suitable
for washing machines.
• Follow the Manufacturer's instructions.
• Plastic and rubber parts of the washing
machine can be stained by dyes or bleaches.
Loading the laundry
1. Open the door.
2. Load the articles one at a time loosely into the
drum, without overfilling. Observe the load
sizes given in the programme chart.
Note: overloading the machine will result in
unsatisfactory washing results and creased
3. Close the door. Take care that no laundry gets
stuck between door and door seal.
For laundry requiring special treatment (e.g. wool
or microfibres), we recommend to use specialized
detergents, additives or pre-treatment available
on the market.
Refer to internet link www.cleanright.eu for more
Do not use liquid detergent for the main wash
when having activated the "Prewash" option.
Do not use liquid detergent when selecting a
later cycle start / cycle end (depending on the
Follow the dosage recommendations on the
detergent pack. They depend on:
• Degree and type of soiling
• Size of wash
- full load: follow the detergent manufacturer's
- half load: 3/4 the amount used for a full load.
- minimum load (about 1 kg): 1/2 the amount
used for a full load.
If there is no reference to a certain wash load on
the detergent pack: the detergent manufacturers
usually refer their dosing recommendations to
4.5 kg laundry for heavy duty detergent and
2.5 kg laundry for delicate detergent.
• Water hardness in your area (ask for
information from your water company). Soft
water requires less detergent than hard water.
of the detergent dispenser.