When the calculator is on, a battery symbol appears in the title bar of the screen. Its appearance will indicate how much
power the battery has. A flat battery will take approximately 4 hours to become fully charged.
- To reduce the risk of fire or burns, do not disassemble, crush or puncture the battery; do not short the external
contacts; and do not dispose of the battery in fire or water.
- To reduce potential safety risks, only use the battery provided with the calculator, a replacement battery provided by
HP, or a compatible battery recommended by HP. There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced with one of an
- Dispose of a battery according to the instructions.
- Keep the battery away from children.
- If you encounter problems when charging the calculator, stop charging and contact HP immediately.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock or damage to equipment, only plug the wall adapter into an AC outlet that is easily
accessible at all times.
- To reduce other potential safety risks, only use the wall adapter provided with the calculator, a replacement wall
adapter provided by HP, or a wall adapter purchased as an accessory from HP.
Installing the software
While you wait for your HP Prime calculator to fully charge, insert the product CD into your computer and install HP
Connectivity Kit. This software application helps you get the most out of your HP Prime calculator.
Turning the calculator on and off
To turn the calculator on, press O. To turn it off, press SO (Off).
To adjust the brightness of the screen, press and hold O and then press either + or : repeatedly. Pressing +
increases the brightness; pressing : decreases it.
Resetting the HP Prime calculator
If your HP Prime calculator stops responding for any reason, first verify that the batteries are sufficiently charged. If the
calculator still does not respond, press and hold O while pressing @ to reset the calculator. If the calculator still does
not respond, insert a pin into the reset hole on the back of the calculator and press lightly.
Home view is the starting point for many calculations. Press H to
display it. Home view has four sections (shown at the right). The
title bar shows either the screen name or the name of the app that
is currently selected—Function in the example at the right. It also
shows the time, a battery power indicator, and a number of
symbols that indicate various calculator settings. These are
explained in the user guide. The history displays a record of your
past calculations. The entry line displays the object you are
currently entering or modifying. The object could be a parameter,
Quick Start Guide