IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• To prevent shock hazard and assure stability during opera-
tion, the washer must be installed and electrically grounded
by a qualified service person in accordance with local
codes. Installation instructions are packed in the washer for
installer's reference. Refer to INSTALLATION INSTRUC-
TIONS for detailed grounding procedures. If the washer is
moved to a new location, have it checked and reinstalled by
a qualified service person.
• To prevent personal injury or damage to the washer, the elec-
trical power cord must be plugged into a properly grounded
and polarized 3-prong outlet. The third grounding prong must
never be removed. Never ground the washer to a gas pipe.
Do not use an extension cord or an adaptor plug.
• Follow package directions when using laundry products.
Incorrect usage can produce poisonous gas - resulting in
serious injury or death.
• Do not combine laundry products for use in same load un-
less specified on the label.
• Do not mix chlorine bleach with ammonia or acids such as
FIRE/ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD
Avoid fire hazard or electrical shock. Do not use an adaptor
plug or extension cord or remove grounding prong from
electrical power cord. Failure to follow this warning can
cause serious injury, fire or death.
Do not, under
an any cir
or bypass th
gr grounding pr
Po Power cord with
wer cord with
3-prong gr grounded plug
PREVENT INJURY AND DAMAGE TO THE APPLIANCE
To prevent serious personal injury and damage to the washer:
• All repairs and servicing must be performed by an autho-
rized servicer unless specifically recommended in this Use
& Care Guide . Use only authorized factory parts.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not install or store the washer where it will be exposed
to the weather.
• Do not install on carpet. Install washer on a solid floor. It
may be necessary to reinforce the floor to prevent vibration
• Do not sit on, step on or stand on the washer. Do not rest
heavy loads on top. The washer is not meant to support
• To reduce the risk of electric shock, disconnect this appli-
ance from the power supply before attempting any user
maintenance. Canceling a cycle or turning the power off at
the console does not disconnect this appliance from the
• To prevent injury, do not reach into the washer while parts
are moving. Before loading, unloading or adding items,
press POWER button to stop the cycle. Allow the wash tub
to coast to a complete stop before reaching inside.
• This washer is equipped with an electrical overload protec-
tor. The washer motor will stop if it becomes overheated.
• Failure to comply with these warnings could result in serious
HARMFUL VAPOR HAZARD
Do not use or mix liquid chlorine bleach with other
household chemicals such as toilet cleaners, rust removers,
acid or products containing ammonia. These mixtures can
produce dangerous fumes which can cause serious injury