3. Lower the X50's [VOLUME] slider.
Turn on your audio monitor system and set the volume to a normal level.
4. Turn on the X50 by pressing the power switch located on the rear panel.
5. Slowly raise the X50's [VOLUME] slider to an appropriate volume.
Playing programs and combinations
By default, Combination mode will be selected when you turn on the power.
Play the keyboard, and you will hear the sound of bank A combination number 000.
A combination consists of up to eight programs that are split, zoned, layered or velocity-
switched across the keyboard. A combination can also use up to two Arpeggiators simulta-
neously (a program can use only one Arpeggiator), letting you produce far more complex
sounds than a single program.
Although you could simply continue selecting and playing different combinations, let's start by
selecting and listening to the "basic" sounds of the X50 – programs.
Note: If you don't hear any sound when you play the keyboard: Check the connections once
again. Also make sure that the X50's VOLUME and the volume of your powered speakers or
stereo amp are turned up appropriately.
Selecting programs by bank and number
1. Press the [PROG] button. (The button will light.)
This is the Program mode. Notice that the upper line of the display indicates "PROG 0: Play"
(mode name, page number and name).
2. Make sure that "Program Select" (program number and name) is selected.
If this is not selected, use the ClickPoint [ π ][ † ] to highlight the "Program Select" indication.
3. Turn the [VALUE] dial to select the program you want to play.
You can also press the center of the ClickPoint to highlight the ﬁeld, then use [ π ][ † ] to select
a program, and press the center to ﬁnalize your selection.
4. Press one of the PROG BANK [A]–[GM] button to switch banks.
Page number and name
Control assign list