Playing and Editing Combinations
What's a Combination?
Combinations, or "Combis" for short, let you split
and layer up to 8 Programs at once.
A Combi is made up of 8 Timbres. Each Timbre
has a Program, along with parameters for key and
velocity zones, mixer settings, MIDI channel and
There are several different ways to select Combi-
nations. Each one is convenient in a different way:
• Selecting combinations from the front panel:
Using "Combi Select" to select a program
· Turn the [VALUE] dial.
· Use the [INC][DEC] buttons.
· Use numeric buttons – to enter the pro-
gram number, and press the [ENTER] but-
· Press the center of the ClickPoint to high-
light the ﬁeld, then use [π][†] to select a
program, and press the center to ﬁnalize
· Use the COMBI BANK [A]–[C] buttons to
select a combination bank.
· Using 10's HOLD to select combinations
Selecting combinations by program category
You can select programs by categories such as
piano or drums.
· Using "Select by Category" to select by cate-
· Using Cat. HOLD to select a category
• Selecting combinations by using a foot-
You can change combinations even while both
hands are busy playing on the keyboard -
convenient for live applications
• Selecting combinations by receiving MIDI
You can switch combinations from an external
MIDI sequencer or an external MIDI controller.
See below for details.
controller ﬁltering, and so on.
As with Programs, each Combi has 1 Insert Effect,
2 Master Effects, and a Master EQ, for shaping and
transforming the sounds of the individual Tim-
bres. Finally, Combis can use 2 Arpeggio patterns
modules at once.
Selecting combinations from the
1. Press a [COMBI] button. (The button will light.)
You will enter Combination mode. Notice that
the upper line of the display indicates "COMBI
0: Play" (mode name, page number and name).
Mode name Page number and name
2. Make sure that "Combi Select" (combination
number and name) is selected.
If this is not selected, use the ClickPoint [π][†]
to highlight the "Combi Select" indication.
3. Use the [VALUE] dial etc. to select the
combination you want to play.
You can use either of the following methods to
select a program.
• Turn the [VALUE] dial.
• Use the [INC] or [DEC] buttons.
• Use numeric buttons – to enter the combi-
nation number, and press the [ENTER] button.
• Press the center of the ClickPoint to highlight
the ﬁeld, then use [π][†] to select a program,
and press the center to ﬁnalize your selection.
Control assign list