Playing and Editing Programs
What's a Program?
Programs are the basic sounds of the X50.
Programs are important elements of other modes
as well. In Combination mode you can combine
multiple programs to create complex sounds, and
in Multi mode you can play multiple programs by
There are several different ways to select pro-
grams. Each one is convenient in a different way:
• Selecting programs from the front panel:
Using "Program Select" to select a program
· Turn the [VALUE] dial.
· Use the [INC][DEC] buttons.
· Use numeric buttons – to enter the pro-
gram number, and press the [ENTER] but-
· Press the center of the ClickPoint to high-
light the ﬁeld, then use [π][†] to select a
program, and press the center to ﬁnalize
· Use the PROG BANK [A]–[GM] buttons to
select a program bank.
· Using 10's HOLD to select programs
Selecting programs by program category
You can select programs by categories such as
piano or drums.
· Using "Select by Category" to select by cate-
· Using Cat. HOLD to select a category
• Selecting programs by using a foot-switch:
You can change programs even while both
hands are busy playing on the keyboard -
convenient for live applications.
• Selecting programs by receiving MIDI pro-
You can switch programs from an external
MIDI sequencer or an external MIDI controller.
See below for details.
receiving MIDI messages from multiple tracks of
your MIDI sequencer or other DAW program.
This section of the manual takes a quick look at
playing Programs, including tours of the front-
panel controllers and basic editing techniques.
Selecting programs from the front
1. Press a [PROG] button. (The button will light.)
You will enter Program mode. Notice that the
upper line of the display indicates "PROG 0:
Play" (mode name, page number and name).
Mode name Page number and name
2. Make sure that "Program Select" (program
number and name) is selected.
If this is not selected, use the ClickPoint [π][†]
to highlight the "Program Select" indication.
3. Use the [VALUE] dial etc. to select the program
you want to play.
You can use the following methods to select a pro-
• Turn the [VALUE] dial.
• Use the [INC] or [DEC] buttons.
• Use numeric buttons – to enter the pro-
gram number, and press the [ENTER] button.
• Press the center of the ClickPoint to highlight
the ﬁeld, then use [π][†] to select a program,
and press the center to ﬁnalize your selection.
Control assign list