8 | Appliance details
Unpacking the heater
Before installing the unit, be certain you have the correct heater for
your type of Gas - Propane or Natural Gas. Identification labels are
found on the shipping box, and on the rating plate which is located on the
right side panel of the cover.
Type of gas
The box includes
• Greentherm water heater
• Bracket for wall hanging the heater
• Exhaust vent adaptor (with 4 screws and gasket provided)
• Combustion air inlet adaptor (with 3 screws and gasket provided)
• Installation manual (manual can be downloaded at www.bosch-
• Product registration card
• Energy Guide label
Please complete and return the enclosed product registration card.
The Greentherm is not approved or designed for:
• Manufactured (mobile) homes, boats or any mobile installation.
(Modular homes are acceptable for installation).
• Use above 8000 ft A.S.L. altitude (see page 22).
• Outdoor installation without installation of Outdoor kit (BTOK):
Outdoor installations in areas where annual minimum
temperatures are below 15 °F.
• Applications where inlet water temperature is higher than
140 °F (60 °C). In these applications a 3 way valve or
thermostatic mixing valve must be installed to prevent inlet
water temperatures > than 140 °F (60 °C).
6 720 805 440 (2014/11)
Remove front cover
▶ Loosen the two Phillips head screws located on bottom rear of cover.
Loosen the two screws
▶ Lift front cover panel upward and remove.
Remove the front cover