IP X4 (protection against water drops)
Unpacking the GWH-450-ES heater
This water heater is packed securely.
The box includes:
• Wall-mounted gas water heater
• Bracket and screws for wall hanging the water heater
• Exhaust vent adaptor (with 4 screws and gasket
• Combustion air inlet adaptor (with 4 screws and
• Installation manual
• Product registration card
• Energy Guide label
• Safety water pressure valve
• Air deflector
Do not lose this manual. Please complete and return
the enclosed product registration card.
Before installing the unit, be certain you have the
correct heater for your type of Gas - Propane or
Natural Gas. Identification labels are found on the
shipping box, and on the rating plate which is located on
the right side panel of the cover.
6 720 607 915
To remove front cover
The front cover is secured with two
screws to prevent unauthorized access.
Always secure the control panel and front
cover with these screws.
B Loosen the two Philips head screws located as
shown in fig. 2.
B Pull control panel outwards and then pull it
Service position to access water and electric
B Lift front cover panel upward and remove.
The GWH-450-ES is not approved or designed
• Manufactured (mobile) homes, RV's or boats
• Outdoor installation
• Combination venting with other appliances.