6 | FCC rules
WARNING: Personal Injury from toxic chemicals.
▶ A water heater which will be used to supply potable
water shall not be connected to any heating system
or component(s) previously used with a nonpotable
water heating appliance.
FCC: This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The chart below shows the relationship between water temperature and
time until there is a risk of scalding. It can be used as the basis for
determining the safest water temperature for your application.
120 °F (48 °C)
125 °F (51 °C)
130 °F (54 °C)
135 °F (57 °C)
140 °F (60 °C)
145 °F (62 °C)
150 °F (65 °C)
155 °F (68 °C)
Table 2 Approximate time-temperature relationship until there is a risk
1) Source: Moritz, A.R. and Henriques, F.C., Jr. (1947). Studies of thermal injury.
II. The relative importance of time and surface temperature in the causation of
cutaneous burns, Am J of Pathol, 23, 695-720.
6 720 805 440 (2014/11)
Time to severe scalding
longer than 5 minutes
1.5 to 2 minutes
approx. 30 seconds
approx. 10 seconds
less than 5 seconds
less than 3 seconds
approx. 1.5 seconds
approx. 1 second
• Key Pad interface control.
• High power pre-mix compact burner with low NOx emissions.
• Modulating Gas Valve with constant gas:air ratio control.
• Modulating water valve for improved comfort and temperature
High quality materials for long working life
• Copper heat exchanger.
• High efficiency Ceramat Burner.
• Compact space saver: mounts on a wall with a supplied bracket.
• Easily removable one-piece cover.
• On/Off and Temperature control buttons.
• Reset button.
• Program button (Selectable temperature default).
• Failure codes for easy diagnostics and repair.
• Real-time diagnostics for troubleshooting/informational purposes.
• Built in freeze prevention.
Note: The freeze prevention kit is designed to provide protection for the
water heater down to approximately 5°F for short term conditions
only. It will not protect the appliance in areas where the temperature is
routinely expected to be below freezing.
- The freeze prevention kit will not protect plumbing outside the
appliance from freezing. Precautions should be taken.
Accessories (Bosch part #)
• Concentric termination kit 3"/5"PVC (196006)
• Concentric vent kit 80/125 PP (7738003210)
• Concentric Up and Out kit (7 738 003 210)
• Neutralizer Kit (7738001483)
• Isolation Valve Kit (7738003449)
• Optional wireless remote control to operate with the appliance
• Cascading kit (7 709 003 962)
• Outdoor kit (7709003913)
• Concentric termination kit 3"/6" PVC (196016)
• Exhaust/Intake bird screen (L2594)
• Condensate drain tee (196061) [included with Concentric
• Pipe Cover (PTPCES)
• High temperature kit (7736500074)
• Recess box kit (7736500043)
• Pressure relief valve (7 738 001 152)
BOSCH is constantly improving its products, therefore
specifications are subject to change without prior