• Depth (in): 11¼" (286 mm)
• Width (in): 17
" (452 mm)
• Height (in): 30½" (775 mm)
• Weight: 67 pounds (30.5 kg).
120 V AC (60 Hz) nominal
Idle - 40 mA
Operation - 2.5 A
45 - 65 db (A)
• Flame failure device (ionization flame rod sensor)
• Over heat prevention (temperature limiter)
• Inlet temperature sensor
• Outlet temperature sensor
• Back flow temperature sensor.
IP X4 (protection against water drops)
If appliance is installed at elevations above
2000ft, refer to Section 9.8.1 Fan speed
Unpacking the heater
In order for proper installation, this water heater
must be installed with the outdoor kit (BTOK)
Before installing the unit, be certain you have the
correct heater for your type of Gas: Propane or
Natural Gas. Identification labels are found on
the shipping box, and on the rating plate which is
located on the right side panel of the cover.
Type of gas
The box includes:
• 940 ESO
• Bracket for wall hanging the heater
• Installation manual (manual can be downloaded at
• Product registration card
• Energy Guide label (in the front cover).
Please complete and return the enclosed product
The 940 ESO is not approved or designed for:
• Recreational vehicle (RV) or boat installations.
• Use above 8000 ft A.S.L. altitude (see page 30).
• Outdoor installation without installation of
Outdoor kit (BTOK) or Recess Box (7 736 500
• Applications where inlet water temperature is
higher than 140ºF (60°C). A 3-way valve or
mixing valve must be installed before the
appliance if inlet water temperature exceeds
6 720 644 956