Installing the GPS antenna
Do not cut the GPS antenna lead to
shorten it or use an extension to make
it longer. Altering the antenna cable
could result in a short circuit or mal-
function and permanent damage to this
• The antenna should be installed on a lev-
el surface where radio waves will be
blocked as little as possible. Radio waves
cannot be received by the antenna if re-
ception from the satellite is blocked.
• When installing the GPS antenna inside
the vehicle, be sure to use the metal
sheet provided with your system. If this is
not used, the reception sensitivity will be
• Do not cut the accessory metal sheet.
This would reduce the sensitivity of the
• Take care not to pull the antenna lead
when removing the GPS antenna. The
magnet attached to the antenna is very
powerful, and the lead may become de-
• Do not paint the GPS antenna, as this
may affect its performance.