CSL105B ManualEN 111607.qxp
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result
in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation
which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION: When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation,
maintenance or modification of tools or equipment could result in serious injury and
property damage. There are certain applications for which tools and equipment are
designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or
used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all
warnings and operating instructions before using any tool or equipment.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: This product or its power cord contains lead, a chemical known to the
State of California to cause cancer and birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wa s h
hands after handling.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
• Do not operate unit with damaged cord or plug; or if the unit has received a sharp blow,
been dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way.
• Do not open body casing. There are no user- s e rvi c eable parts inside; take it to a qualified
s e rvice technician when service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a
risk of electric shock or fire, and will void warranty.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD: Never contact combustible material to the lens and never
tape the switch in the O N p o s i t i o n .
CAUTION: RISK OF FIRE: Do not plug in a power supply or operate the unit without
the bulb lens and cover in place.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• All halogen lights give off heat:
– Do not touch lens while operating.
– Keep combustibles away from spotlight lens. Extreme heat can cause fires.
– Never place the light face-down on any surface when lit.
• DO NOT expose this unit to extremely high temperatures.
• Never look directly into the light or shine the light into another person's eyes.
• Keep sharp objects away from lens – it is glass and can break.
• Do not immerse spotlight in water.
• Do not drop or throw spotlight.
• Do not crush, cut, pull or expose charging adapter cords to extreme heat.
• Position charging adapter cords so they do not become entangled or become a safety
hazard. Keep cords away from sharp edges.
• Use in a dry location only.
• Do not operate this unit with a missing or damaged guard or glass lamp containment barrier.
• Do not use any accessory not supplied or recommended by the manufacturer.