This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device
may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference
that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of
the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential
installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no
guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If equipment does cause harmful interference to
radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to
try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not approved by the party responsible for compliance could void user's authority to operate
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which tools
and equipment are designed. Manufacturer strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or
used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating
instructions before using any tool or equipment.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating light. Failure to follow all instructions listed
below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: This product or its power cord contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to
cause cancer and birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
WARNING: RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, BURST HAZARD, OR INJURY TO PERSONS – WHEN
USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING
• 5 watt LED gets HOT quickly!
• Do not touch the bulb at any time when operating.
• Only contact switch/plug when turning on.
• Do not touch hot lens or enclosure.
• Do not remain in light if skin feels warm.
• Do not operate the spotlight with a missing or damaged lens or enclosure.
WARNING – WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE
FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
• To reduce the risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when the spotlight is used near children.
• Use only attachments recommended or sold by the manufacturer.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
• Do not put the spotlight in water or other liquid. Do not place or store the spotlight where it can fall or be
pulled into water or become wet.
• Charge indoors only. Do not expose charger to water or any other liquid.
• Do not clean this spotlight with a water spray or the like.
• Use only the chargers supplied by the manufacturer to charge and recharge.
• When an extension cord is used:
– The marked rating of the detachable power supply cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of this appliance.
– The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be tripped
over, snagged, or pulled on unintentionally (especially by children).
– The extension cord should be kept dry and off the ground.
WARNING: NEVER ATTEMPT TO USE THE AC TO DC CHARGING PORT AND THE 12 VOLT DC POWER
AND CHARGING PORT SIMULTANEOUSLY.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD: Never contact combustible material to the lens and never tape or tie the switch
in the on position.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• All lights give off heat:
– Do not touch lens while operating.
– Keep combustibles away from spotlight lens. Extreme heat can cause fires.
– Never place the light face down on any surface when lit, charging or not in use. Never store the light face
down on any surface.
• Never look directly into the light or shine the light into another person's eyes.
• Keep sharp objects away from lens — it is glass and can break.
• Do not immerse spotlight in water.
• Do not expose this unit to extremely high temperatures.
• Do not drop or throw spotlight. It contains glass and a lithium-ion battery.
• Use only with the charging adapter provided with unit. Plug in the charging adapter at the spotlight first, then
plug into the charging source.
• Do not overcharge: Recharge up to 6 hours maximum using the AC charging method; up to 4 hours maximum
using the DC charging method.
• After charging/recharging, disconnect charging adapter or extension cord and wait 5 minutes before use.
• Do not crush, cut, pull or expose charging adapter cords to extreme heat.
• Position charging adapter cords so they do not become entangled or become a safety hazard. Keep charging
adapter cords away from sharp edges.
• Use in a dry location only.
• There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Do not attempt to disassemble any other parts of the unit.
• To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug rather than cord when disconnecting.
• Do not attempt to charge the unit if the charger is damaged – return the charger to manufacturer for repair or
SPECIFIC SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, BURST HAZARD, OR INJURY TO
PERSONS OR PROPERTY:
Lithium-ion batteries are small, compact and ideal for providing long-lasting power to this unit. However, they
must be used and charged properly. Improper use can result in serious injury, fire, or death.
• Lithium-ion batteries can explode in the presence of a source of ignition. Do not use the product in the
presence of an open flame.
• Do not place this lithium-ion battery powered unit in fire or apply heat to it.
• Do not subject this lithium-ion battery powered unit to strong impacts or shocks. The battery in this unit
contains safety and protection devices which, if damaged, may cause the battery to generate heat, rupture or
• Do not expose this lithium-ion battery powered unit to water or salt water, or allow the battery to get wet.
10/29/2014 11:01:52 AM