READ ALL inStRuctionS
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating this work light. Failure to
follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or
SAfEty guiDELinES / DEfinitionS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will
result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may
result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety
precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of personal injury.
Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or equipment could result
in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which
tools and equipment are designed. Manufacturer strongly recommends that this
product NOT be modified and/or used for any application other than for which it
was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating instructions before
using any tool or equipment.
iMPoRtAnt SAfEty inStRuctionS
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
• Do not put light in water or other liquid. Do not place or store appliance where it
can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
• Keep light lamp away from materials that may burn.
• Do not clean this appliance with a water spray or the like.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• AvOID DANGEROUS ENvIRONMENTS:
– Don't use the light in damp or wet locations. This unit is NOT waterproof. Do not
immerse light in water or other liquids.
– Do not operate the light near flammable liquids or in gaseous or explosive
atmospheres. Internal sparks may ignite fumes causing personal injury.
– Do not expose this unit to extremely high temperatures, flames or sparks.
• TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY, close supervision is necessary when the light
is used near children.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS. When not in use, appliances should be
stored indoors in dry and high or locked-up places – out of reach of children.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. Use only attachments recommended
or sold by the manufacturer.
• CHECK FOR DAMAGED PARTS. A part that is damaged should be properly
repaired or replaced by manufacturer before further use unless otherwise indicated
elsewhere in this instruction manual. Have defective switches replaced by
manufacturer. Do not use this appliance if the light mode button does not turn it
on and off.
• Do not operate this unit with a missing or damaged light tube.
• Do not touch the light tube surface at any time.
• Never look directly into the light or shine the light into another person's eyes.
• Do not disassemble the main body of the unit. Other than the 3 "AA" size dry cell
batteries, there are no user-replaceable parts.
WARNING: Batteries can explode, or leak, and can cause injury or fire. To
reduce this risk:
• Carefully follow all instructions and warnings on the battery label and package.
• Always insert batteries correctly with regard to polarity (+ and –), marked on the
battery and the equipment.
• Do not short battery terminals.
• Do not charge batteries.
• Do not mix old and new, alkaline and rechargeable (nickel cadmium or nickel
metal hydride) batteries. Replace all of them at the same time with new batteries
of the same brand and type.
• Remove dead batteries immediately and dispose of per local codes.
• Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
• Keep batteries out of reach of children.
• Remove batteries if the device will not be used for several months.
"Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently
come in contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the
like. The US Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR)
actually prohibit transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes (i.e. packed in
suitcases and carryon luggage) UNLESS they are properly protected from short