• EXTENSION CORDS. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an extension cord, be
sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An undersized cord will cause a drop
in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. The following table shows the correct size to use
depending on cord length and nameplate ampere rating. If in doubt, use the next heavier gage. The smaller the
gage number, the heavier the cord.
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which tools and
equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or used for
any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating
instructions before using any tool or equipment.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: This product or its power cord contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause
cancer and birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
Do not plug in a power supply without the bulb lens and cover in place.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD: Never contact combustible material to the lens and never tape or tie the switch in
the on position.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• All halogen lights give off heat:
– Do not touch lens while operating.
– Keep combustibles away from spotlight lens. Extreme heat can cause fires.
– Never place the light face-down on any surface when lit.
• Never look directly into the light or shine the light into another person's eyes.
• Keep sharp objects away from lens — it is glass and can break.
• Do not immerse spotlight in water.
• Do not drop or throw spotlight. It contains glass and a sealed lead acid battery.
• Only replace bulb with type indicated in specifications (6 volt, H3 55 watt quartz halogen).
• Use only with AC or DC charging adapters that are provided with unit. Plug in the charging adapter at the
spotlight first, then plug into the charging source.
• NEVER ATTEMPT TO USE THE AC CHARGER AND DC CHARGING PORT SIMULTANEOUSLY.
• After charging/recharging, disconnect charging adapter or extension cord and wait 5 minutes before use.
• Do not crush, cut, pull or expose charging adapter cords to extreme heat.
• Position charging adapter cords so they do not become entangled or become a safety hazard. Keep charging
adapter cords away from sharp edges.
• Use in a dry location only.
• Do not open body casing. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
• To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug rather than cord when disconnecting the 120
Volt AC Charging Adapter.
• Do not attempt to charge the unit if the 120 Volt AC Charging Adapter plug is damaged— return the unit to
manufacturer for repair.
• Read and Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS