DOOR WILL NOT OPEN
1. Check that the power switch is on.
2. Has there been a power cut? Check the fuses
in the fuse box. The door cannot be opened
button if there is no power.
3. If everything else fails the door can be ope-
ned in an emergency as follows:
• Make sure the power switch is off.
• Machines with a drain pump: First check that
there is no water left in the machine. If there is,
empty the machine as described under the
heading Checking trap and drain pump, in the
chapter on Maintenance.
• Open the flap at the bottom left. Use a screw-
driver as shown.
• Unscrew the screw that holds the red plastic
• Pull the handle to open the door.
• Press the handle back into its recess and secu-
re it with the screw. Close the flap.
If you have problems opening the door nor-
mally again, call service.
MACHINE DOES NOT START
1. Is the door shut properly? Push it firmly. A
symbol appears in the display if the
machine is started with the door open.
2. Check if the child lock is activated. To start
the machine when the child lock is activated,
hold in the
-button for 3 seconds. See
3. Is there power to the machine. Check the
The character display shows whether a fault has
occurred during the programme. To cancel an
error message after the fault has been corrected
as described below, switch off the machine or
change the programme.
You can check and fix some faults yourself:
Problem emptying. Machine not emptying pro-
– that nothing has got stuck in the drain hose