EMPTYING/CLEANING TRAP AND DRAIN PUMP
(only machines with drain pump)
The washing machine has a trap that is desig-
ned to catch coins, hair clips, etc. To clean the
trap and the drain pump, do as follows:
1. Make sure the machine is empty of water and
that the power switch is off.
2. Open the flap that conceals the drain pump
at the bottom
left of the mach-
ine. Use a screw-
driver as shown.
3. Pull the hose off the spigot inside the flap
and drain the water
into a suitable con-
4. Open the pump by turning the cap anti-
the cap and trap.
5. Remove any objects and waste from the pump
that the pump im-
peller at the back
6. Screw the cap and trap back into place, re-
connect the drain
hose and close the
INSPECTION HOLES UNDER DRUM PADDLES
If you think that an item such as a nail, paper-
clip, hair clip or the like has fallen through the
wash drum you should inspect the outer drum
through the inspection holes in the paddles.
Items such as this can rust and produce stains
on clothes. Nails and other sharp items could
Do as follows
1. Use a screwdriver or similar tool.
2. Insert the screwdriver
through the hole in
the middle of the
paddle and lever
the handle of the
to the left.
3. Grasp the rear edge of
the paddle cover
with your other
hand and pull it
towards you as
4. Lift off the paddle cover.
5. Examine the space between the inner and
outer drum as you turn the inner drum. Rem-
ove any items you see.
6. Engage the paddle cover in its locating holes
with the F marking nearest you. Make sure that
all the clips engage in their holes in the drum.