ENGINE OIL – GASOLINE VEHICLES
See General Warnings on page 10.
Even though the low oil warning light on the dash should illuminate if oil level becomes low, engine oil level
should be checked monthly. Vehicle should be on a level surface when checking oil. Do not overfill with oil.
ENGINE OIL LEVEL CHECK
1. Remove the oil level dipstick from the oil filler tube and wipe oil from dipstick (Figure 27). See following
• Do not remove dipstick while engine is running.
2. Check oil by fully inserting the dipstick into the oil filler tube and immediately removing it.
3. If the oil level is at or below the low level mark on the dipstick gauge, add oil until the level is between
low and full levels (safe level).
4. Reinsert dipstick into the oil filler tube.
NOTE: Properly recycle or dispose of used oil in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Figure 27 Engine Oil Level Check
1. Full Level 2. Safe Level 3. Low Level
ENGINE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE
Engine oil and oil filter should be changed after the first 100 hours of operation. After that, they should be
changed every 200 hours of operation or annually, whichever comes first.
1. Turn the key switch to the OFF position, then remove the key. Place the Forward/Reverse handle in the
neutral POSITION. Chock the front wheels.
2. Access the engine compartment. See following WARNING.
2008 Husqvarna 4210-G, 4210-E, 4210-GXP, and 4210-EXP Owner's Manual
Engine Oil – Gasoline Vehicles