VEHICLE CONTROLLER – ELECTRIC VEHICLES
The electric vehicle is equipped with a solid state speed controller. In order to properly service and maintain
the solid state controller vehicle, it is necessary to understand the electrical circuitry and the functions of all
components in both systems. Therefore, if any repair or servicing needs to be performed, we recommend that
it be performed by an authorized Husqvarna distributor/dealer using Husqvarna parts.
BATTERIES – ELECTRIC VEHICLES
See General Warnings on page 10.
• Battery – Explosive gases! Do not smoke. Keep sparks and flames away from the vehicle and
service area. Ventilate when charging or operating vehicle in an enclosed area. Wear a full
face shield and rubber gloves when working on or near batteries.
• Charge batteries in a well-ventilated area only. Batteries emit hydrogen while being charged.
Hydrogen is an explosive gas and must never exceed a level of 2% of the air.
• Battery – Poison! Contains acid! Causes severe burns. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or
- External: Flush with water. Call a physician immediately.
- Internal: Drink large quantities of milk or water followed with milk of magnesia or vegetable
oil. Call a physician immediately.
- Eyes: Flush with water for 15 minutes. Call a physician immediately.
• Wear safety glasses or approved eye protection when servicing the vehicle or battery charger.
Wear a full face shield and rubber gloves when working on or near batteries.
• Use insulated tools when working near batteries or electrical connections. Use extreme
caution to avoid shorting of components or wiring.
• On all electric vehicles, turn off all accessories before charging batteries.
NOTE: Recycle or dispose of discarded batteries in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Husqvarna electric vehicles use deep-cycle batteries. Automotive batteries should never be used.
New batteries will not deliver their full capabilities until they have been discharged and recharged 20 to 50
times. To obtain the maximum service life from new batteries, restrict vehicles with new batteries to one hour
of operation between charges for the first two months vehicle is in service. Batteries should be fully charged
before first use of new vehicle, before first use of a vehicle after storage, and before use each day.
To keep batteries in good working condition, follow this maintenance program on a regular basis:
2008 Husqvarna 4210-G, 4210-E, 4210-GXP, and 4210-EXP Owner's Manual
Vehicle Controller – Electric Vehicles