2008 huv 4421 gasoline and diesel utility vehicles (68 pages)
Summary of Contents for Husqvarna HUV4213
Husqvarna is not liable for errors in this manual or for incidental or consequential damages that result from the use of the material in this manual.
Husqvarna representative perform them. For the name and address of the Husqvarna representative nearest you, logon to our web site at www.usa.husqvarna.com. If you would prefer to write to us, direct your letter to: Husqvarna, Attention: Marketing Services, 7349 Statesville Rd., Charlotte, NC 28269 USA. Your local autho- rized Husqvarna representative can also provide technical advice, parts, and service manuals.
Safety signs like you see above may at first seem shocking, but their impact is mild compared with the reality of severe personal injury. Your safety and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to Husqvarna. That is why before operating the vehicle, we urge you to review the information in this manual.
• A CAUTION without the safety alert symbol indicates a situation that potentially could result in property damage. DISCONNECT BATTERY CABLES BEFORE WORKING ON VEHICLE Figure 1 Battery Cable Removal AS SEEN FROM PASSENGER SIDE OF VEHICLE Remove negative cable first. 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Safety Details Page 7...
• A Husqvarna vehicle will not provide protection from lightning, flying objects, or other storm- related hazards. If caught in a storm while driving a Husqvarna vehicle, exit the vehicle and seek shelter in accordance with applicable safety guidelines for your location.
MODEL IDENTIFICATION The serial number of each HUV4213 vehicle is printed on a bar code decal mounted on the frame directly above the accelerator pedal (Example: SH0501-583947) (Figure 2). There is also a second serial number decal mounted on the front body frame behind the instrument panel.
OFF position. See following WARNING, CAUTION and NOTE. Figure 3 Key Switch ý WARNING • Moving parts! Keep clear of the engine compartment while the engine is running. Page 10 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Controls and Indicators...
The engine must be at idle before shifting the Forward/Reverse handle. See WARNING and CAUTION on page 10. Figure 4 Forward/Reverse Handle Husqvarna vehicles operate at a reduced speed in reverse. The reverse buzzer will sound as a warning when the Forward/Reverse handle is in the REVERSE position. ACCELERATOR PEDAL The accelerator pedal is the pedal on the right, with the word GO molded into it (Figure 5).
Pull the choke handle out to activate. Release the handle when the engine begins to run smoothly (Figure 7). Figure 7 Choke Figure 8 Differential Lock Page 12 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual...
The hour meter operates only when the engine is running, and should be used by the trained technician to track vehicle usage and determine when periodic service procedures are required. See Peri- odic Service Schedule on page 24. 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Controls and Indicators Page 13...
• Make sure seat hinges and latch are securely engaged before operating vehicle. PRE-OPERATION AND DAILY SAFETY CHECKLIST Each Husqvarna vehicle has been thoroughly inspected and adjusted at the factory; however, upon receiving your new vehicle(s), you should become familiar with its controls, indicators, and operation. Carefully inspect each vehicle to ensure that it is in proper working condition before accepting delivery.
Use the following checklist as a guide to inspect the vehicle and check daily for proper operation. Any prob- lems should be corrected by a Husqvarna distributor/dealer or a trained technician. • Forward/Reverse shifter: Check for proper operation. See Controls and Indicators on page 10.
• For night use, the vehicle must be equipped with headlights, taillights, and reflectors. • The vehicle is not specially equipped for handicapped persons: - Be sure all passengers are capable of securing themselves in a moving HUV4213 vehicle before allowing them to ride in one.
ý CAUT ION • When stopped on a hill, use the brake pedal to hold your position. Do not use the accelerator pedal to hold position. 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Driving Instructions Page 17...
Failure to heed this warning could result in severe personal injury or death. NOTE: The HUV4213 vehicle is equipped with an automatically engaging prop rod (Figure 11), unless equipped with the electric bed lift accessory.
Maximum payload capacity must be reduced accordingly when any option or accessory is installed on the vehicle. See following NOTE. NOTE: A standard HUV4213 vehicle with a cab accessory weighing 235 lb. (107 kg) must reduce its max- imum payload capacity by 235 lb. (107 kg) to 565 lb. (256 kg).
Towing another HUV4213 vehicle or a trailer can have adverse effects on vehicle handling. Be especially cau- tious when towing other equipment with an HUV4213 vehicle. See the preceding chart for vehicle capaci- ties.
6.4. Disconnect fuel vent line from fuel tank vent nipple. 6.5. Plug the fuel tank vent nipple so that it is air tight. We recommend using a slip-on vinyl cap. ® 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Storage Page 21...
4. Lift the passenger seat. 5. Restore fuel system to operation. See Figure 24 on page 32. 5.1. Remove plug from fuel tank vent. 5.2. Connect vent tube to fuel tank vent. Page 22 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Storage...
Any vehicle not functioning correctly should not be used until it is properly repaired. This will prevent further damage to the vehicle and avoid the possibility of injury due to unsafe conditions. Contact your local Husqvarna dealer for repairs and semiannual and annual periodic service. See following WARNING.
Periodic Ser- vice and Lubrication Schedule. Both the Periodic Service Schedule and the Periodic Lubrication Schedule must be followed to keep vehicle in optimum operating condition. Page 24 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Periodic Service Schedule...
Brake system Engine Engine air intake system General vehicle Fuel filters 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Periodic Service Schedule Check engine oil level; change if necessary. See Periodic Lubrication Schedule on page 26. Check engine cooling air intake; visually...
3. If the oil level is at or below the low level mark on the dipstick gauge, add oil until the level is between low and full levels (safe level). Ful l Lev el Safe Le vel Lev el 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Master Cylinder Page 27...
Oil fill tube is located behind and under passenger seat. Figure 17 Engine Oil Level Check – HUV4213 ENGINE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE Engine oil and oil filter should be changed after the first 100 hours of operation. After that, they should be changed every 200 hours of operation or annually, whichever comes first.
(P/N 603 00 00-06) onto the engine oil filter port. See following NOTE. NOTE: Use only Husqvarna oil filters (P/N 603 00 00-06) designed for this engine. 14. Tighten the oil filter by hand 2/3 turn after gasket contact. Do not use a band wrench or channel lock plier to tighten.
Avoid spilling fuel. 1. Remove the passenger seat. 2. Remove fuel cap and fill tank with fresh unleaded gasoline only. See preceding DANGER and CAU- TION. 40° C SAE 40 104° F 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Fueling Instructions Page 31...
WARNING • Make sure seat hinges and latch are securely engaged before operating vehicle. VENT TO CARBURETOR VENT TUBE Figure 24 Fuel Tank – HUV4213 BATTERY See General Warnings on page 8. ý DANGER • Battery – Explosive gases! Do not smoke. Keep sparks and flames away from the vehicle and service area.
WARNING • Do not jump-start a dead battery using another battery and jumper cables. The battery in a Husqvarna vehicle is a 12-volt, low-maintenance battery that requires infrequent checks (Figure 25). Electrolyte level should be checked semiannually. 1. Turn the key switch to the OFF position and remove the key. Place the Forward/Reverse handle in the NEUTRAL position.
(do not leave discharged overnight). CLEANING THE VEHICLE Each vehicle is equipped with an ABS/DR acrylic front body and an all-aluminum rear body. The HUV4213 has a powder-coated steel cargo bed. Use commercial automotive cleaning solutions with a sponge or soft cloth for normal cleaning.
In the event a vehicle is bought as a used vehicle, we strongly urge the new owner to register the vehicle with Husqvarna. This will enable us to contact you if the need arises. Please send your name, address, and serial number of the vehicle to Husqvarna, 7349 Statesville Rd., Charlotte, NC 28269, Attention: Vehicle Registra-...
Fuel tank TIRE PRESSURE All-terrain tread (standard) Turf tread (optional) Traks Max II tread (optional) 2005 HUV4213 Gasoline Vehicle Owner’s Manual Vehicle Specifications HUV4213 31.1 in. (79 cm) 48.0 x 49.8 x 10.9 in. (121.4 x 126.4 x 27.6 cm) (15.3 cubic feet)
HUSQVARNA’s liability under this limited warranty, or in any action whether based upon warranty, contract, negligence, strict product liability or otherwise, shall be the repair or replacement, at HUSQVARNA’s option, of the vehicle or component thereof that HUSQVARNA deems to be defective. Replacement shall mean furnishing, during the applicable limited warranty period, a new vehicle or factory-reconditioned vehicle or component thereof that is identical or reasonably equivalent to the warranted product or component at no cost to the purchaser.
6. DISCLAIMER: THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE. HUSQVARNA MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH EXCEED THE OBLIGATIONS OR TIME LIMITS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY HUSQVARNA AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY.