CALIFORNIA EMISSION CONTROL WARRANTY STATEMENT
Your new Husqvarna ("Husqvarna") vehicle engine complies with both the U.S. EPA and State of California emission regulations. However, the use of gasoline powered golf cars in areas
of California that do not attain the federal ozone standards is illegal. Please refer to the Air Resources Board information at
YOUR WARRANTY RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS:
The California Air Resources Board ("CARB") and Husqvarna are pleased to explain the emission control system warranty on your 2008 vehicle engine. In California, new small off-road
engines (SORE) must be designed, built and equipped to meet the State's stringent anti-smog standards. Husqvarna must warrant the emission control system on the vehicle engine for
the periods of time listed below provided there has been no abuse, neglect or improper maintenance of your small off-road engine. Your emission control system may include parts such
as the carburetor or fuel-injection system, the ignition system, and catalytic converter. Also included may be hoses, belts, connectors and other emission-related assemblies.
Where a warrantable condition exists, Husqvarna will repair your vehicle engine at no cost to you including diagnosis, parts and labor.
MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY COVERAGE:
This emission control system is warranted for two years. If any emission-related part on your equipment is defective, the part will be repaired or replaced by Husqvarna.
OWNER'S WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As the vehicle engine owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance listed in your owner's manual. Husqvarna recommends that you retain all receipts
covering maintenance on your vehicle engine, but Husqvarna cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or for your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.
- As the vehicle engine owner, you should however be aware that Husqvarna may deny you warranty coverage if vehicle engine or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper
maintenance or unapproved modifications.
- You are responsible for presenting vehicle engine to a Husqvarna distribution center as soon as a problem exists. The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of
time, not to exceed 30 days.
If you have any questions regarding your warranty rights and responsibilities, you should contact WARRANTY SERVICES, HUSQVARNA FOREST & GARDEN, PRODUCT
MARKETING MANAGER – AUTOMOWER, 7349 STATESVILLE ROAD, CHARLOTTE, NC 28269.
HUSQVARNA EXPLANATION OF EMISSION CONTROL WARRANTY:
Husqvarna warrants to the ultimate purchaser and each subsequent purchaser that the SORE or equipment is designed, built and equipped so as to conform with all applicable regulations;
and free from defects in materials and workmanship that cause the failure of a warranted part to be identical in all material respects to that part as described in Husqvarnas application for
certification. The warranty period begins on the date the engine or equipment is delivered to an ultimate purchaser or first placed into service. The warranty period is two years.
Subject to certain conditions and exclusions as stated below, the warranty on emission-related parts is as follows:
(1) Any warranted part that is not scheduled for replacement as required maintenance in the written instructions supplied, is warranted for the warranty period stated above. If the part
fails during the period of warranty coverage, the part will be repaired or replaced by Husqvarna according to subsection (4) below. Any such part repaired or replaced under warranty will
be warranted for the remainder of the period.
(2) Any warranted part that is scheduled only for regular inspection in the written instructions supplied is warranted for the warranty period stated above. Any such part repaired or
replaced under warranty will be warranted for the remaining warranty period.
(3) Any warranted part that is scheduled for replacement as required maintenance in the written instructions supplied is warranted for the period of time before the first scheduled
replacement date for that part. If the part fails before the first scheduled replacement, the part will be repaired or replaced by Husqvarna according to subsection (4) below. Any such part
repaired or replaced under warranty will be warranted for the remainder of the period prior to the first scheduled replacement point for the part.
(4) Repair or replacement of any warranted part under the warranty provisions herein must be performed at a warranty station* at no charge to the owner.
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions herein, warranty services or repairs will be provided at all of our distribution centers that are franchised to service the subject engines or equipment.
(6) The engine or equipment owner will not be charged for diagnostic labor that is directly associated with diagnosis of a defective, emission-related warranted part, provided that such
diagnostic work is performed at a warranty station*.
(7) Husqvarna is liable for damages to other engine or equipment components proximately caused by a failure under warranty of any warranted part.
(8) Throughout the engine or equipment warranty period stated above, Husqvarna will maintain a supply of warranted parts sufficient to meet the expected demand for such parts.
(9) Any replacement part may be used in the performance of any warranty maintenance or repairs and must be provided without charge to the owner. Such use will not reduce the
warranty obligations of Husqvarna.
(10) Add-on or modified parts that are not exempted by the Air Resources Board may not be used. The use of any non-exempted add-on or modified parts by the ultimate purchaser will
be grounds for disallowing a warranty claims. Husqvarna will not be liable to warrant failures of warranted parts caused by the use of a non-exempted add-on or modified part.
*Husqvarna, its authorized dealers, or a service agency approved by Husqvarna.
ITEMS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY:
The repair or replacement of any warranted part otherwise eligible for warranty coverage may be excluded from such warranty coverage if Husqvarna demonstrates that the engine or
equipment has been abused, neglected, or improperly maintained, and that such abuse, neglect, or improper maintenance was the direct cause of the need for repair or replacement of
the part. That notwithstanding, any adjustment of a component that has a factory installed, and properly operating, adjustment limiting device is still eligible for warranty coverage. The
following emission warranty parts list are covered:
Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System
Emission-related parts will vary between vehicles; therefore, certain vehicles may not include all of the listed parts or may include equivalent parts.
Excluded from this warranty is damage to a vehicle or component resulting from a cause other than a defect including unreasonable or unintended strain or use, improper installation of
accessories, installation of parts or accessories that are not original equipment, overloading, accident, alteration, abuse or neglect. This warranty covers only those failures resulting from
defects in material or workmanship.
Transportation expenses for warranty services are also excluded from this warranty.
4. VOIDING OF WARRANTY:
THIS AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY SHALL BE VOID IF THE VEHICLE IS ABUSED OR USED IN AN UNINTENDED MANNER OR SHOWS INDICATIONS THAT IT HAS BEEN
ALTERED IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MODIFICATION OF THE SPEED GOVERNOR, BRAKING SYSTEM, STEERING, TRANSAXLE, OR OTHER
OPERATING SYSTEMS OF THE VEHICLE TO CAUSE IT TO PERFORM OUTSIDE HUSQVARNA SPECIFICATIONS. THE WARRANTY IS LIKEWISE VOID IF THE VEHICLE
INVOLVED SHOWS INDICATIONS THAT REASONABLE OR NECESSARY MAINTENANCE AS OUTLINED IN THE OWNERS MANUAL AND MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE
MANUAL WAS NOT PERFORMED AT THE TIME AND IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED IN SUCH MANUALS.
5. NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES:
In no event shall Husqvarna be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss related to property other than the vehicle, loss of use, loss of time,
inconvenience, or any other economic loss. This warranty is applicable only where the California or U.S. EPA emission control system warranty regulation is in effect.
6. HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM:
To make a warranty claim under this limited warranty, you must present the vehicle or defective component to an authorized Husqvarna dealer or send the defective component, freight
prepaid, to WARRANTY SERVICES, HUSQVARNA FOREST & GARDEN, PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER – AUTOMOWER, 7349 STATESVILLE ROAD, CHARLOTTE, NC
IF THE WARRANTY REGISTRATION FORM IS NOT COMPLETED AND RETURNED TO HUSQVARNA AT THE TIME OF THE ORIGINAL RETAIL SALE, PURCHASER MUST
PROVIDE PROOF OF DATE OF PURCHASE WITH ANY WARRANTY CLAIM.
2008 Husqvarna 4210-G, 4210-E, 4210-GXP, and 4210-EXP Owner's Manual
Carburetor assembly, fuel injection pump, fuel injection nozzle, fuel regulator
Catalytic Converter, Exhaust Manifold
Air filter housing, air filter*, crankcase breather tube
Flywheel magneto, ignition pulse generator, ignition coil assembly, ignition control module, spark plug cap, spark plug*
PCV valve, oil filler cap
Fuel Tank, Fuel Cap, Fuel Lines, Fuel Line Fittings, Clamps, Pressure Relief Valves, Purge Valves, Vapor Hoses,
Carbon Canister, Canister Mounting Brackets, Carbon Canister Purge Port Connector
Belts, hosing, tubing, fittings, seals, gaskets, clamps, and switches associated with the above systems