4 Cushion tapes 8 Cap nuts, 6 mm 4 Washer-screws, 4 x 8 mm 4 Clip-nuts, 6 mm 4 Stepped bolts, 6 mm Template B AII 27936 (0408) Application Publications No. AII 27936 Issue Date AUG 2004 08B26-S5T-1000-91 1 of 14...
6-Disc CD Changer (sold separately): P/N 08A26-1B1-100 CD changer 4 Washer-screws, 4 x 6 mm (Not used) Adhesive seal sheet Cover plates CD magazine Owner’s Manual TOOLS AND SUPPLIES REQUIRED Phillips screwdriver Flat-tip screwdriver Shop towel 10 mm Combination wrench Stubby Phillips screwdriver Diagonal cutters Utility knife...
Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover. Turn the lock knob 90° counterclockwise. Gently pull down on the left side of the cover to release the two hooks, then pull down on the cover to release the three retaining tabs. Take care not to damage the retaining tabs.
Remove the vehicle harness clip from the center panel bracket by pushing up on the locking tab on the clip and pulling the clip out toward you. Push on the locking tab. Reach through the glove box area, and loosen the bolt that secures the center panel.
11. Remove the front center console: • Slide the front seat completely rearward. • Open the lid, and take out the console box mat. • Remove the two bolts from the inside of the pocket. • Remove the two clips, then slide the front center console to the rear to release the four retaining tabs.
15. Remove the rear seat cushion bolt, and remove the rear seat cushion by lifting the rear of the cushion to release the hooks and then pulling it toward you. CLIP 16. Remove the clip that secures the floor carpet. 17.
24. Remove the left rear bulkhead cover: • Remove the clip from the left rear bulkhead cover. Take care not to damage the clip. • Gently pry the left rear bulkhead cover away from the left rear side trim panel by inserting the end of a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped in a shop towel into the groove of the left rear bulkhead cover.
30. Get template A from the kit. Tape the template to the left rear side trim panel in the area shown, and tape it in place using strips of masking tape. Using a pushpin, mark the trim panel at each of the five marked points on the template.
35. Slide the four 6 mm clip nuts onto the left rear side trim panel through the 10 mm holes you just made. 6 mm CLIP NUT 36. Using scissors, cut 1/4 piece from one of the EPT seals. Wrap the other two EPT seals and the 1/4 piece of the EPT seal around the bus cable in the areas shown.
42. Visually check the position of the spring adjusting pins on both sides of the CD changer. If both of the spring adjusting pins are not in the horizontal (H) position, move the pins to the horizontal (H) position by sliding them up with an awl. SPRING ADJUSTING PIN (H: HORIZONTAL POSITION) CD CHANGER...
Routing the Bus Cable 48. From the back of the left rear side trim panel, route the bus cable as shown. Secure the bus cable to the fuel fill door opener cable with two wire ties in the areas shown. Do not secure the bus cable to the clear washer tube.
53. Route the bus cable so that its connector is about 50 mm farther than the vehicle 20-pin connector. Secure the bus cable to the vehicle harness with two wires in the areas shown. WIRE TIE VEHICLE 20-PIN CONNECTOR About 50 mm 54.
Installing the Center Panel/Radio Unit 57. Check that the vehicle harnesses are not pinched by the stays. VEHICLE HARNESS STAY © 2004 American Honda Motor Co., Inc - All Rights Reserved. 58. While holding the center panel with the radio unit installed near the center panel opening, plug the vehicle 20-pin connector, the antenna lead, the heater control harness connector, and the bus...
60. Check that all wire harnesses are routed properly and all connectors are plugged in. 61. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery, and set the clock. 62. Enter the customer’s radio anti-theft code, and reset the radio station presets. 63.