If door must be removed:
1. Gently lay freezer on its back, on a rug or blanket.
2. Remove two base screws and base panel. Remove
wire from clips on bottom of cabinet. (Figure 1)
3. Unplug connector by holding the cabinet connector in
place, and pulling door connector out. (Figure 1)
4. Remove bottom hinge screws. (Figure 1)
5. Remove plastic top hinge cover.
6. Remove screws from top hinge.
7. Remove top hinge from cabinet.
8. Remove door and bottom hinge from cabinet.
9. To replace door, reverse the above order and securely
tighten all screws to prevent hinge slippage.
Base Panel Screws
ENERGY SAVING TIPS
• The freezer should be located in the coolest area of the
room, away from heat producing appliances or heating
ducts, and out of direct sunlight.
• Let hot foods cool to room temperature before placing in
the freezer. Overloading the freezer forces the compres-
sor to run longer. Foods that freeze too slowly may lose
quality or spoil.
• Be sure to wrap foods properly, and wipe containers dry
before placing them in the freezer. This cuts down on
frost build-up inside the freezer.
• Freezer shelves should not be lined with aluminum foil,
wax paper, or paper toweling. Liners interfere with cold
air circulation, making the freezer less efficient.
• Organize and label food to reduce door openings and
extended searches. Remove as many items as needed
at one time, and close the door as soon as possible.
SETTING THE TEMPERATURE CONTROL
COOL DOWN PERIOD
• For safe food storage, allow 4 hours for the freezer to
cool down completely. The freezer will run continuously
for the first several hours. Foods that are already frozen
may be placed in the freezer after the first few hours of
operation. Unfrozen foods should NOT be loaded into
the freezer until the freezer has operated for 4 hours.
• When loading the freezer, freeze only 3 pounds of
fresh food per cubic foot of freezer space at one time.
Distribute packages to be frozen evenly throughout the
freezer. It is not necessary to turn the control knob to a
colder setting while freezing food.
The temperature control is located inside the freezer on
upright models, and on the left outside wall on chest
models. The temperature is factory preset to provide
satisfactory food storage temperatures. However, the
temperature control is adjustable to provide a range of
temperatures for your personal satisfaction. If a colder
temperature is desired, turn the temperature control knob
toward COLDEST and allow several hours for temperatures
to stabilize between adjustments.