Please read this manual carefully before using your plasma
monitor and keep the manual handy for future reference.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION:TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER. NO
USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
This symbol warns the user that uninsulated
voltage within the unit may have sufficient
magnitude to cause electric shock.
Therefore, it is dangerous to make any kind
of contact with any part inside of this unit.
This symbol alerts the user that important
literature concerning the operation and
maintenance of this unit has been included.
Therefore, it should be read carefully in
order to avoid any problems.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARDS, DO NOT EXPOSE
THIS UNIT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE. ALSO DO NOT USE
THIS UNIT'S POLARIZED PLUG WITH AN EXTENSION CORD
RECEPTACLE OR OTHER OUTLETS, UNLESS THE
PRONGS CAN BE FULLY INSERTED. REFRAIN FROM
OPENING THE CABINET AS THERE ARE HIGH-VOLTAGE
COMPONENTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
This is a Class A product. In a domestic environment, this
product may cause radio interference in which case the user
may be required to take adequate measures.
Warnings and Safety Precaution
manufactured to provide long, trouble-free service.
No maintenance other than cleaning is required.
Please see the section "Plasma monitor cleaning
procedure" on the next page.
The plasma display panel consists of fine picture
elements (cells) with more than 99.99 percent active
cells. There may be some cells that do not produce
light or remain lit.
For operating safety and to avoid damage to the unit,
read carefully and observe the following instructions.
To avoid shock and fire hazards:
1. Provide adequate space for ventilation to avoid internal
heat build-up. Do not cover rear vents or install the unit
in a closed cabinet or shelves.
If you install the unit in an enclosure, make sure there
is adequate space at the top of the unit to allow hot air
to rise and escape. If the monitor becomes too hot, the
overheat protector will be activated and the monitor will
be turned off. If this happens, turn off the power to the
monitor and unplug the power cord. If the room where
the monitor is installed is particularly hot, move the
monitor to a cooler location, and wait for 60 minutes to
cool the monitor. If the problem persists, contact your
dealer for service.
2. Do not use this unit's polarized plug with extension cords
or outlets unless the prongs can be completely inserted.
3. Do not expose the unit to water or moisture.
4. Avoid damage to the power cord, and do not attempt to
modify the power cord.
5. Unplug the power cord during electrical storms or if
the unit will not be used over a long period.
6. Do not open the cabinet which has potentially dangerous
high voltage components inside. If the unit is damaged in
this way the warranty will be void. Moreover, there is a
serious risk of electric shock.
7. Do not attempt to service or repair the unit. The
manufacturer is not liable for any bodily harm or damage
caused if unqualified persons attempt service or open
the back cover. Refer all service to authorized Service