KORG D1600 Guided Tour
Work with the lead vocal track in "SISTER DANCE":
1. Press the Channel 1 TRACK STATUS key so that it lights green (un-muted). Tracks 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10 should also be un-muted
(TRACK STATUS keys lit green).
Set a new Locate Point in the song:
2. Press the IN/LOC1 key to reset the song to the beginning.
3. Press to highlight the "Counter", and use the DIAL to set it to "000:30.000".
4. Press the PLAY key to resume playback from this point.
5. As the song plays, listen to the lead vocal track. Just after the first verse ends, press the STORE key and then press the
OUT/LOC2 key. This sets an "on-the-fly" locate point for you to use as you go through the following steps and audition new
insert effects for the lead vocal track. Let the song continue for now...
The default setting for all four locate keys is at the beginning of each new song.
Waveform viewed Locate points can be stored by using the SCRUB function, for setting even more precise locations.
More on this in the following exercises:
Work with the lead vocal (Track 1) Insert effect:
6. As the song continues, press the OUT/LOC2 key, and then press the "InsEff1" tab at the bottom of the display.
effects while the song plays, press the OUT/LOC2 key whenever you like, to reset to the stored locate point and continue
7. Press to highlight the effect number "I105", to the left of the effect name button. This is a microphone modeling/limiter chain,
assigned to the lead vocal track.
8. Slowly rotate the DIAL left or right, to select and listen to new insert effects.
in locations "I101-108".
9. Rotate the DIAL until you recall effect "I105", then press the "MM33:MicSM57/414" button, followed by pressing the "MicSim"
and "Limiter" effect "icons" to view, select and adjust a few parameters for these effects.
Once you've edited an effect, the display will indicate "EDIT" to the left of the effect name. You can then press the "Store"
button in the display, and save the new effect to one of 128 user effect locations. Note that the factory user effects are
identical to the preset effects. For more information, see the D1600 Owner's Manual, page 46.
The display should still be on the INSERT EFFECT page.
Note that you'll find additional mic modeling effects
As you audition