This document explains the new functions and improvements
that have been added since System Version 1.0 of the D32XD/
The explanations here follow the order of the material in the
"D32XD/D16XD Owner's Manual," so you'll want to refer to the
manual as you read this document.
Conventions in this document
Printing conventions used in this document are the same as de-
scribed in "Printing conventions in this manual" on p.iv of the
"D32XD/D16XD Owner's Manual."
One additional convention is as follows.
(→Manual: p.■■): Refers to a page in the "D32XD/D16XD Own-
Updating the system
For the procedure of how to update the system, refer to the own-
er's manual section on "Updating the system" (→Manual: p.95).
Mixer Setup lets you store the current mixer settings for subse-
You can store mixer settings that you use frequently, and then re-
call them when creating a new song. You can also use this method
to copy mixer settings to a different song.
A set of these settings is called a "mixer setup program." You can
store twenty of these mixer setup programs.
A mixer setup program contains all the mixer parameters that are
included in the song. It also contains the analog compressor set-
tings which are not included in the song.
The mixer setup programs you store can be backed-up and re-
stored as "UserData"→"Mixer SetUp Data" (→Manual: p.82)
A mixer setup contains the following parameters.
• Channel Assign, Source Select (CD or S/P DIF), Sub Mixer,
and AdatOut assignments
• Pair, Group (D32XD only)
• Fader, Pan, Play/Rec EQ
• ATT, CH ON, Phase, AUX/EFF Send, Rec Send
• Effect (all settings including the parameters being edited)
• Master Fader, Master EQ, Send Out level, Send Select All
• Solo, Monitor, Cue, rhythm output assignment, rhythm vol-
• Analog Compressor
System Version 1.1
Accessing the Mixer Setup screen
Press the top panel MIXER key to display the Page Jump Menu
screen (→Manual: p.99).
Press the MIXER SET UP button to open the Mixer Setup screen.
Storing a mixer setup
Here's how to store the current mixer settings as a mixer setup
You can't store a setup while a song is playing.
1. Make the mixer settings that you want to store.
2. Access the MIXER, "MIXER SET UP," "MixerSetUp" tab
3. In the list, press to highlight the program in which you want
to store the current settings (i.e., the program you want to
4. Press the Store button to open the Store Program dialog box.
If you decide that you want to store the settings in a program
number other than the one shown in the cell, you can press to
highlight it and use the value dial (or the +/– keys) to change
5. If you want to assign or edit the program name, press the
Rename button to open the Rename dialog box.
6. Execute the save.
Press the Yes button to save the settings.
If you decide to cancel, press the No button.