KORG D1600 Guided Tour
Check the Pre Fader Level and adjust the input signal:
7. Press the METER / TRACK VIEW key.
8. Press the ">" popup button in the upper-left of the display, then press the "PreFdr" radio button, followed by pressing the "OK"
button. Now speak into the microphone, and watch the "Pre Fader" level meter as you speak.
9. Rotate the INPUT 1 TRIM knob (behind the display) as high as possible without allowing its LED (above the knob) to light red
(input clipping), and raise the PHONE LEVEL (front panel) to a comfortable listening position.
10. If the input signal reaches the "CLP" line on the level meter, lower the INPUT 1 TRIM knob. Set plenty of input signal (-6dB),
Record Track 1:
11. Press the REC key on the lower right of the top panel (the REC and PLAY keys will flash).
12. Press the PLAY key and then record some audio (Example: "This is Track 1...recording Track 1"...etc.). While you're
recording, watch the Counter run in the upper right of the display, and record for about 8 measures ("008.01.000").
When selecting a new song, the Counter time display defaults to "Measures, Beats, Ticks" ("001.01.000"), unless
"PreviousSong" MixerSet is selected in the "MakeNewSong" dialog box.
13. When you're finished, press the STOP key, then press the IN / LOC1 key (lit) to reset the song to the beginning (check the
14. Press the PLAY key to hear your new track, then press the STOP key.
Select, assign and record another track:
15. Press the IN / LOC1 key (lit) to reset to the song beginning.
16. Press the Track 1 TRACK STATUS key 2x, until its LED lights GREEN (play status).
17. Press the Track 2 TRACK STATUS key 2x, until its LED lights RED (record status).
18. Press the INPUT/TUNER key, then press the "Ch1-8" tab in the display.
19. Press the "Ch2" icon, then rotate the DIAL to the left, until the "Ch2" input icon reads "1".
need to re-patch your mic to another analog input!
20. Speak into your mic and raise the Channel 2 Fader to the "0" position. Then set the PAN knob to center. You've already set the
input gain for analog input 1, so there's no need to worry about adjusting trim on the new track.
21. Press the METER / TRACK VIEW key, then press the REC key.
22. Press the PLAY key and record another vocal track. Watch the counter in the upper right of this page, and record for about the
same amount of time as the first track (adjust playback with the TRACK 1 Fader to suit).
23. When you're finished, press the STOP key, then press the IN / LOC1 key to reset to the song beginning.
24. Press PLAY, and you'll hear both tracks playback.
25. Press STOP.
The D1600 has an internal fan, and when recording, the fan automatically shuts down, and starts up on playback and when
stopped. Fan control can be set to "Off", "Rec&PlayOff"(default setting), and "On" in the "SYSTEM > Control" tab.
Note: You've just eliminated the