PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
1. Battery breather hose
10. Place the breather hose into the
original position and make sure
that it is properly routed.
11. Hook the battery band onto the
12. Install the panel.
To store the battery
1. If the motorcycle will not be used
for more than one month, remove
the battery, fully charge it, and
then place it in a cool, dry place.
2. If the battery will be stored for
more than two months, check the
specific gravity of the electrolyte at
least once a month and fully
charge the battery whenever nec-
3. Fully charge the battery before in-
4. After installation, make sure that
the battery leads are properly con-
nected to the battery terminals and
that the breather hose is properly
routed, in good condition, and not
If the breather hose is positioned in
such a way that the frame is ex-
posed to electrolyte or gas expelled
from the battery, the frame could
suffer structural and external dam-
Replacing the fuse
The fuse is located behind panel A.
(See page 6-4 for panel removal and
If the fuse is blown, replace it as fol-
1. Turn the key to "OFF" and turn off
all electrical circuits.
2. Pull the battery out of the battery
compartment. (See page 6-29, "To
check the electrolyte level" for bat-
tery removal and installation pro-