OPERATION AND IMPORTANT RIDING POINTS
4. After starting the engine, move the
starter (choke) back about half-
For maximum engine life, always
warm the engine up before starting
off. Never accelerate hard when the
engine is cold!
5. When the engine is warm, turn the
starter (choke) off.
For maximum engine life, always warm
up the engine before riding your motor-
cycle. Never accelerate hard with a
Starting a warm engine
Follow the same procedure as for start-
ing a cold engine with the exception
that the starter (choke) is not required
when the engine is warm.
Before starting off, allow the engine to
1. While pulling the rear brake lever
2. Sit astride the seat, and then ad-
3. Switch the turn signal on.
4. Check for oncoming traffic, and
5. Switch the turn signal off.
with your left hand and holding the
grab bar with your right hand, push
the motorcycle off the centerstand.
just the rear view mirrors.
then slowly turn the throttle grip
(on the right) in order to take off.