PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND MINOR REPAIR
Replacing a headlight bulb
If a headlight bulb burns out, replace it
It is advisable to have a Yamaha
dealer perform this job.
1. Place the motorcycle on the cen-
2. Remove cowling A. (See page 6-5
for cowling removal and installa-
1. Headlight bulb cover (× 2)
3. Remove the headlight bulb cover
by turning it counterclockwise.
1. Headlight bulb socket (× 2)
4. Remove the socket by pushing it
5. Remove the defective bulb.
Headlight bulbs get very hot. There-
fore, keep flammable products away
from a lit headlight bulb, and do not
touch the bulb until it has cooled
6. Place a new headlight bulb into
7. Install the socket by pushing it in
in and turning it counterclockwise.
and turning it clockwise.