Using a Memory Card
Your keyboard is equipped with an SD
memory card slot. You can use your
computer to save SMF data and CASIO
format data to a commercially available SD memory card,
and then insert the card into the keyboard to play back its
data just as you would built-in tunes. You also can save the
keyboard's registration memory setups (Up to 32 setups: 4
setups × 8 banks) to an SD memory card. Registration data
on an SD memory card can be loaded back into the keyboard's
registration memory when required.
G Supported SD Memory Cards:
2 GB or less (Cards with capacity greater than 2 GB are
G Maximum Number of Importable Songs: Up to 999
• The actual number of songs that can be imported
depends on the size of each file. The actual number will
be less than 999 when individual song files are large.
Supported Data File Types and SD
Memory Card Operations
Data File Type
SMF Data (Format 0)
Song data converted to
CASIO format (CM2)
using CASIO SMF
• Use only an SD memory card with this keyboard. Proper
operation is not guaranteed when any other type of card
Supported SD Memory Card
Playback, lesson, evaluation
Playback, lesson, evaluation
Load to keyboard, save to SD
Memory Card and Card Slot
• Be sure to carefully read all documentation that comes
with the memory card for important information about
how to handle it.
• SD memory cards have a write protect switch, which
you can use to protect against accidental deletion of
data. After saving important data to an SD memory card,
be sure to use the write protect switch to protect the
data against accidental changes or deletion.
• Avoid storing and using memory cards in the following
types of locations. Such conditions can cause corruption
of data stored on the card.
• Areas subject to high temperatures, high humidity, or
• Areas subject to strong electrostatic charge or
• Whenever handling a memory card, make sure that you
never touch its contacts with your fingers.
• If the data access lamp is lit and the message "Pls Wait"
is on the display, it means that data on the memory card
is being accessed by a save, read, or delete operation.
Never remove the memory card from the card slot or
turn off the keyboard while the card is being accessed.
Doing so can corrupt the data on the memory card or
even damage the card slot.
• Never try to insert anything that is not an SD memory
card into the Keyboard's memory card slot. Doing so
can cause malfunction of the keyboard.
• Inserting a memory card that is charged with static
electricity into the card slot can cause malfunction of
the keyboard. If this happens, turn the keyboard off and
then back on again.
• A memory card that has been in the card slot for a long
time may feel hot when you remove it. This is normal
and does not indicate malfunction.
• Note that a memory card has a limited service life. After
long use, you may not be able to store data to, read
data from, and/or delete data from a card. When this
happens, you will need to purchase a new memory card.
CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. assumes no responsibility
for any loss or damage to you or any third party arising
out of the loss or corruption of data.
07.4.10, 3:47 PM