3. Disassembly and Reassembly
3.1 General Precautions on Disassembly
When you disassemble and reassemble
components, you must use extreme caution. The
close proximity of cables to moving parts makes
proper routing a must.
If components are removed, any cables disturbed
by the procedure must be restored as close as
possible to their original positions. Before removing
any component from the machine, note the cable
routing that will be affected.
Whenever servicing the machine, you
must perform as follows:
1. Check to verify that documents are not stored in
2. Be sure to remove the toner cartridge before you
3. Unplug the power cord.
4. Use a ﬂat and clean surface.
5. Replace only with authorized components.
6. Do not force plastic-material components.
7. Make sure all components are in their proper
Disassembly and Reassembly
Releasing Plastic Latches
Many of the parts are held in place with plastic
latches. The latches break easily; release them
To remove such parts, press the hook end of the
latch away from the part to which it is latched.