HP 16500A/16501A - Service
6-17. Microprocessor Board Replacement
When necessary, refer to other removal procedures.
1. Remove the power cord, all optional modules, and the bottom cover. To remove the bottom cover,
refer to section 6-10, "Cover Removal." To remove the optional modules, refer to the Service
Manual for each module.
2. Disconnect the two cables from the microprocessor board. The front cable is connected to the rear
disk drive and the other cable is connected to the color display module.
3. Remove the two screws connecting the microprocessor to the rear panel.
4. Carefully slide the microprocessor board out of the mainframe.
5. Reverse this procedure to install the replacement microprocessor board.