1. From the Mainframe Test System, select the Display Test menu. Select the white cross hatch test
pattern. Refer to section 4-4, "Adjustment Test Patterns," for accessing the test patterns.
2. Preset the front panel BACKGROUND control to mechanical center.
3. Preset the front panel BRIGHTNESS control to maximum.
4. Preset H.SUB SHIFT (RV006) and V.SUB SHIFT (RV008), located on the bottom PC board, to
5. Using a flexible ruler, adjust H.SIZE (RV504) and V.HEIGHT (RV502), located on the left hand side
PC board, so that the border of the cross-hatch is 120.5 mm (4.74 in.) vertically and 161 mm
(6.34 in.) horizontally.
6. Adjust V.CENT (RV510) and H.CENT (RV503), located on the left hand side PC board, to center
7. Adjust PIN AMP (RV506), located on the left hand side PC board, to eliminate pincushion distortion
in the vertical lines of the cross-hatch pattern as shown in figure 4-12.
Figure 4-12. PIN AMP Adjustment
HP 16500A/16501A - Adjustments