!sing and Caring
for Your Cooktop
Do not store flammable
materials such as gasoline near this
Doing so can result in death, explosion, or fire.
WHAT TO USE
HOW TO CLEAN
,, Soap and water
,, DO NOT use abrasive or harsh cleaners like
* Mild liquid cleaner
chlorine bleach, ammonia or oven cleaners.
* Spray glass cleaner
* Wash, rinse and dry with soft cloth.
• Gently clean around the model and serial plate; too
much scrubbing could remove the numbers.
,, Sponge and warm,
• Turn knobs to RESET and pull straight away from
• Wash, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Do not soak.
"Do not use steel wool or abrasive cleansers.
They may damage the finish of the knobs.
• Replace knobs. Make sure all knobs point to RESET.
,, Warm, soapy water
and a non-abrasive
pad and/or mild
• Clean as soon as they become dirty and when they
are cool enough to handle.
• Wash with a mildly abrasive plastic scrubbing pad
and warm, soapy water.
• For stubborn stains, clean with a scrubbing pad
and/or a powdered cleanser and water. Repeat
these cleaning steps as needed.
• Do not put in oven during self-cleaning
• Do not clean in dishwasher.
* See "Caring for your cooktop" earlier in this section
for cleaning instructions.
* When the cooktop is cool, remove all spills and clean. Food spills containing acids, such
as vinegar and tomato, may affect the finish. To avoid porcelain grate chipping, do not
bang grates and caps against each other or other hard surfaces such as cast iron