USING AUDIO FEATURES
Before performing the following operations, set the operation
mode selector on the remote control to L AMP.
Enjoying pure hi-fi sound
Use the Pure Direct mode to enjoy the pure high fidelity
sound of the selected source. When the Pure Direct mode
is activated, this unit plays back the selected source with
the least circuitry.
Press 8 PURE DIRECT (or P PURE DIRECT)
to turn the Pure Direct mode on or off.
The 8 PURE DIRECT button lights up while this unit is
in the Pure Direct mode. The front panel display
• The following operations are not possible when this unit is in
the Pure Direct mode:
– switching the sound field program
– displaying the OSD
– adjusting the "SET MENU" parameters (except for level
– operating video functions (video conversion, etc.)
• The Pure Direct mode is automatically canceled whenever this
unit is turned off.
The front panel display turns on momentarily when an operation
Adjusting the tonal quality
Use this feature to adjust the balance of bass and treble for
the front left and right speaker channels.
Speaker and headphone adjustments are stored independently.
Press 5 TONE CONTROL on the front
panel repeatedly to select the high-frequency
response (TREBLE) or the low-frequency
Rotate the 6 PROGRAM selector to adjust
the high-frequency response (TREBLE) or
the low-frequency response (BASS).
• If you increase or decrease the high-frequency or the low-
frequency sound to an extreme level, the tonal quality of the
surround speakers may not match.
• TONE CONTROL is not effective when PURE DIRECT is
selected, or when MULTI CH INPUT is selected as the input
Using audio features
Adjusting the speaker level
You can adjust the output level of each speaker while
listening to a music source. This is also possible when
playing sources input at the MULTI CH INPUT jacks.
This operation will override the level adjustments made in
"AUTO SETUP" (see page 28) and "SPEAKER LEVEL" (see
Press C LEVEL on the remote control
repeatedly to select the speaker you want to
Front left speaker
Front right speaker
Surround left speaker
Surround right speaker
Surround back left speaker
Surround back right speaker
Presence left speaker
Presence right speaker
• Once you press C LEVEL on the remote control, you can
also select the speaker by pressing D k / n.
• Instead of "SUR.B.L" and "SUR.B.R", "SUR.B" is
displayed if "SUR.B L/R SP" is set to either "SMLx1" or
"LRGx1" (see page 65).
• The available speaker channels differ depending on the
setting of the speakers.
Press D l / h to adjust the speaker output
• Press D h to increase the value.
• Press D l to decrease the value.
Control range: –10.0 dB to 10.0 dB