METHODS OF RESTRAINT IN ADDITION TO THE FRONT SEAT BELT
All the warnings below are given so that the airbag is not obstructed in any way when it is inflated and also to prevent the
risk of serious injuries caused by items which may be dislodged when the airbag inflates.
The airbag is designed to complement the action of the seat belt. Both the airbags and seat belts are integral parts
of the same protection system. It is therefore essential to wear the seat belt at all times. If the seat belt is not worn,
it exposes the occupants to the risk of serious injury in the event of an accident. It may also increase the risk of
minor, superficial injuries occurring when the airbag is deployed, although such minor injuries are always
possible with airbags.
The airbag does not offer protection against minor and moderately serious frontal impacts, side or rear impacts or if the
vehicle turns over.
Airbags for driver and passenger
• No work or modification whatsoever may be performed on the entire airbag system for the driver and passenger
(computer, wiring, etc.) except by qualified RENAULT network personnel.
• To ensure that the system is in good working order and to avoid incorrect triggering of the system which may cause
injury, only qualified RENAULT network personnel may work on the airbag system.
• As a safety precaution, have the airbag system checked if your vehicle has been involved in an accident, is stolen or
• When selling or lending the vehicle, inform the user of these points and hand over this handbook with the vehicle.
• When scrapping your vehicle, contact your RENAULT Dealer for disposal of the gas generator(s).