METHODS OF RESTRAINT IN ADDITION TO THE FRONT SEAT BELT
All the warnings given below are
designed to ensure that the airbag
can inflate correctly and to prevent
serious injuries caused by items
which may be dislodged when the
Warnings concerning the driver's airbag
• Do not adjust either the steering wheel or the airbag cushion.
• Do not cover the airbag cushion.
• Do not attach any objects (badge, logo, clock, telephone holder, etc.) to the
• The steering wheel must not be removed (except by qualified personnel
from the RENAULT network).
• Do not sit too close to the steering wheel. If you sit with your arms slightly
bent (see the information on Adjusting your driving position in Section 1),
you will ensure that there is sufficient space for the airbag to inflate
properly and to be fully effective.
Warnings concerning the passenger airbag: location 1
• Do not attach or glue any objects (badges, logo, clock, telephone holder,
etc.) onto the front passenger side of the dashboard.
• Nothing should be placed between the dashboard and the passenger (pet,
umbrella, walking stick, parcels, etc.).
• The passenger must not put his or her feet on the dashboard or seat as there
is a risk that serious injuries may be sustained. As a general rule, keep all
parts of the body (knees, hands, head, etc.) well away from the dashboard.
• You should reactivate the airbag as soon as you remove the child seat from
the front passenger seat to ensure the protection of the front passenger in
the event of an impact.
IT IS FORBIDDEN TO FIT A REAR-FACING CHILD SEAT ON THE FRONT
PASSENGER SEAT WHILE THE RESTRAINING METHODS ADDITIONAL
TO THE PASSENGER SEAT BELT ARE NOT DEACTIVATED.
(Refer to the information on Deactivation
of front passenger airbags in Section 1).