Protection against the action of
Although your vehicle has been
anti-corrosion products, it is still
subject to the action of:
• corrosives in the atmosphere
- atmospheric pollution (urban
and industrial areas),
- saline atmosphere (near the sea,
particularly in hot weather),
- seasonal and humid climatic
conditions, especially road salt
- wind-carried dust and sand, mud,
road grit thrown up by other
• minor impacts
To avoid losing the benefits of this
protection, a minimum number of
precautions should be taken to
ensure against this risk.
What you must not do
• Wash the vehicle in bright sunlight
or in freezing temperatures.
• Scrape off mud or dirt without
• Allow external dirt to accumulate.
• Allow rust to form after minor
• Use solvents not recommended
by Renault's Technical Department
to remove spots as they may
damage the paintwork.
• Drive frequently in snow or muddy
conditions without periodically
washing the car, particularly
under the wheel arches and under
• Degrease or clean mechanical
compartment), underneath the
bodywork, parts with hinges (e.g.
inside the fuel tank flap, sunroof)
fittings (e.g. bumpers) using high
pressure cleaning apparatus or
spraying on products which are
not approved by our Technical
Department as this could give rise
to corrosion or incorrect operation.