This mode may be used to cook foods more slowly, at lower oven temperatures and provide
cooking results much the same way as a Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot. The Slow Cook feature is
ideal for roasting beef, pork & poultry. Slow Cooking meats may result in the exterior of meats
becoming dark but not burnt. This is normal. The Slow Cook mode uses the hidden bake element
to maintain a low temperature in the oven. The temperature probe cannot be used in this cooking
mode. There are 2 settings available, high (HI) or low (LO). The maximum cook duration for the
Slow Cook feature is 12 hours unless the oven control has been changed to the Continuous Bake
mode or the Sabbath mode has been activated.
Slow Cook Tips:
• Completely thaw all frozen foods before cooking with the Slow Cook feature.
• When using a single rack, position it in the center of the oven.
• Position multiple racks to accommodate size of cooking utensils when cooking multiple food
• Do not open the oven door often or leave the door open when checking foods. If the oven heat
escapes often, the Slow Cook time may need to be extended.
• Cover the foods to keep them moist or use a loose or vented type cover to allow foods to turn
crisp or brown.
• Cook times will vary; depending on the weight, fat content, bone & the shape of the meat.
• Use the recipe's recommended food temperature and a food thermometer to determine when
the food is done.
• Preheating the oven will not be necessary when using the Slow Cook feature.
• Add any cream or cheese sauces during the last hour of cooking.
To set a Slow Cook:
1. Arrange interior oven racks and place food in the oven.
2. Select oven by pressing either UPPER OVEN
3. Press SLOW COOK
5. Press START
6. The Cook Duration, Timer and End Time features can be set to control your Slow Cook time
(read their sections for directions).
7. Remove food. Always use oven mitts when removing hot pans from the oven.
8. Press CANCEL
for high (HI) setting or
to stop or cancel the Slow Cook feature at any time.
or LOWER OVEN
low (Lo) setting.