For many foods, especially roasts and poultry, testing the internal temperature is the best method to
insure properly cooked food. The Temperature Probe gets the exact temperature you desire without
having to guess. This feature can be used with Bake, Convection Bake and Convection Roast cooking
modes. The oven can be programmed for Probe at any temperature between 130°F to 210°F with a
default temperature of 170°F. This unit is equipped with one temperature probe entry in each oven.
1. Use only the probe supplied with your appliance; any other may result in damage to the probe
or the appliance.
2. Handle the Temperature Probe carefully when inserting and removing it from the food and outlet.
3. Do not use tongs to pull the cable when inserting or removing the Probe. It could damage the Probe.
4. Defrost your food completely before inserting the Probe to avoid breaking it.
5. Never leave or store the Temperature Probe inside the oven when not in use.
6. To prevent the possibility of burns, carefully unplug the Temperature Probe using hot pads.
Proper Temperature Probe Placement:
1. Always insert the probe so that the tip rests in the center of the thickest part of the meat.
Do not allow probe to touch bone, fat, gristle or pan.
2. For bone-in ham or lamb, insert the Probe into the center of the lowest large muscle
or joint. For dishes such as meat loaf or casseroles, insert the Probe into the center
of the food. When cooking fish, insert the Probe from just above the gill into the meatiest
area, parallel to the backbone.
3. For whole poultry (chicken, turkey, etc.), insert the probe into the thickest part of the inner
thigh from below and parallel to the leg (see figure 1).
Setting the Oven when using the Temperature Probe:
1. Insert the Temperature Probe into the food (see Proper Temperature Probe Placement above).
2. Plug the Temperature Probe into its outlet in the oven. (The outlet is located on the top left hand
side of the cavity wall, near front of the oven). Always insert the probe into a cool oven. Make
sure it is pushed all the way into the outlet. Close the oven door.
3. Select oven by pressing either UPPER OVEN
4. Select a cooking mode. A target temperature must be set to trigger the buzzer when the food
reaches the set temperature. Press COOK OPTIONS
and press PROBE
pad to enter the temperature. Adjust temperature to the desired setting
using the numeric pads or just press START
can also be pressed to raise or lower the temperature. The target temperature
setting will be accepted after the START
5. At any time during the cooking, the PROBE
meat temperature or pressed twice to display the target temperature. When on the target
temperature display, a new temperature can be entered. After 5-8 seconds, the display will go
back to showing the oven temperature.
6. When the food reach the target temperature, the oven will go into a WARM OVEN mode until
you press CANCEL
The probe can be damaged by very high temperature. To protect the probe against this
damage, the oven control will not allow you to start a self-clean, broil or convection broil
while the probe is connected.
or LOWER OVEN
to use the default target temperature of 170°F.
pad is pressed.
pad can be pressed once to display the actual
to bring up the cook options items